Season of Seclusion: Drastic Pause

As I sit here to write this thought that has been just hammering my mind for the past week, it is my hope that this finds you and your family well. Like I said in my previous post I'm here praying for you all, especially all the people working in healthcare and other essential workers. I want to take a quick moment to simply thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I pray God may protect and strengthen you all as some of you might be working long hours and are in the front lines bringing aid to those who are sick. As I recognize that you all might simply be desiring to be able to take a significant time of pause, a significant time of stillness and might find yourselves not being able to, it is my prayer that God may provide you with moments of pause, stillness, and peace in the midst of the storm.

Last Saturday, in the late afternoon I joined my first Instagram live titled "Verses from Us to You" with the talented blogger, Brenda Quinones writer of Simply Truly B and after sharing my verse (Psalm 28:7) and how it has been helping me through this season of seclusion I got to briefly share with her how I believe that God has hit pause in our lives. Today, I want to expand just a little more on that thought, Drastic Pause.

I have prepared a post which I will share in the future called, "How did it get so late so soon?", in that post I share about how we need to live in the present and how the business of the hustle mentality has deprived us from living in the said present. In this season of seclusion I believe that God has made our business, our hustle, our fear of missing out to hit a pause. Pause, where we or at least those who are able to, are being told to stay home. It is in this being home with nothing to do after the chores are done, with nothing to do beyond the capability of working from home allows you to that we find ourselves looking for ways to not be "bored". As we look for ways to not be "bored" we're taking the time to actually connect, connect with family and friends through zoom calls, connect with family in your household with games and movies and forts and conversations.



It is in this pause that some of us find ourselves seeking God more, praying more, reading more, and studying more. It is in this time that even the culture of the church has changed, where the message of hope is being shared with limited resources, limited amounts of people at work. Some from the camera of their laptops in their living rooms or dining room tables yet the message of hope and salvation is being shared constantly. Families are gathering on their living rooms for time of devotionals, for time of worship and prayer. In the midst of the storm, in the midst of seclusion there has been some rays of light and beauty shinning through; as families have been getting united, as parents have stepped up and stepped into the place of being the prime educators in their children's life, as church leaders has been virtually working together and realizing that not many resources are needed and some of their foci are shifting. As every believer is being challenged to step up and step out of their comfort zones and take a hold of boldness to share with friends and coworkers in ways that they might have never thought they would before.

It is in this time of drastic pause that God is showing us what is really important in life. It is my prayer that the lessons we're learning doesn't fade away when the season of seclusion is over. It is my hope that what we have put as our resolutions for when this is over becomes resolves in our lives, where we are constantly working hard at not going back to our old ways. Where we continue to stay united with our family and continue to be present in the daily.  Where we continue to seek God, and pray as fervently as we are doing so now. It is my hope that we continue to be as thankful for the essential workers and not just the doctors and nurses but those working in the supermarkets, in warehouses, that are in the front lines right now so that we can be able to get what we need in order to stay home. It is my hope that this season of seclusion completely transforms our mind as we walk day by day for the rest of our lives.




Comments