The bug bombards home



 How many times has it happened to you that in one minute one of your little one gets sick and the next minute they all are sick at the same time and you're the only one standing? Well, December 14th was the day for me. Not that it's the first time in my household that both of my boys happened to get sick at the same time. Yet, that day was a little different. My three boys (this includes my husband) got hit with the bug at the same time.

With only four hours of sleep I was the only one standing, completely exhausted by the end of the day, yet still standing. In the midst of the chaos of changing diapers, calming down my son as he was throwing up and making sure they were all hydrated I must admit that on some occasions I thought WHY?! It had not yet been a month since I got out of the hospital and now this. Why all 3 at the same time? And in other occasions I must confess I was a little cranky due to lack of sleep and wasn't my best self. But as my day came to an end and I was finally laying in bed I was able to thank God that I was okay and able to take care of my boys.

It got me thinking of the many times we don't just get hit but we get bombarded with many things at the same time and our response at the end is not a thank you God. We get so frustrated with everything that happened that instead of seeing how God looked out for us and gave us strength and wisdom, all we focus on is what we went through or going through. We are quick to cry out the famous saying of when it rains, it pours as if in resentment for everything we had just gone through. Or like I did at one point, we cry out the famous whys? Why now? And Why me? The urging desire to understand why we're getting bombarded. Or how about the moments in which we think that God forgot about us, or stopped loving us. We think it's a perfect reason due to our daily short comings, our constant failing him. Maybe our reasoning is that what we've been bombarded with is too difficult or too painful that the only thing that makes sense to us is that He no longer loves us.



You, who feel a certain resentment or the urge of wanting to know why, understand that there's a purpose for these trials. That instead of resenting God for being bombarded, we should consider it a great joy (James 1:2). That the reason might just be to produce endurance in us, which in it's full effect causes us to mature (James 1:3-4).

 And you, who thinks that God has just stopped loving you. That He has just had it with you because you continue to fail Him. Or even more you who is going through some real difficult and painful situations that has made you come to this conclusion. I'll just quote what Paul says in Romans 8:35-37 "Who can separate us from the love of Christ? Can affliction or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: Because of you we are being put to death all day long; we are counted as sheep to be slaughtered. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." So, instead of getting sunken into one of those thoughts, it is my prayer that even if it's a declaration in faith because you don't quite feel it or see it that you can thank God for strengthening you through it all because we didn't overcame it through our own might and strength. Let's thank Him for the wisdom of figuring a solution or a way to make things easier or better. Let's acknowledge that we were only able to overcome because He allowed it and He allowed it because He loves us. Most importantly, let us come to an undoubted understanding that His love for us is unconditional.

Comments